Community Baptism II


We had our second Community Baptism yesterday. To say that it was a great day would be an understatement. We were privileged to baptize seven souls into God's kingdom.

One young man came to Christ last March and hasn't found a church home yet. He came from 60 miles away to get baptized.

Another young man is mentally challenged but he knew that he trusted in Jesus. Before we immersed him in the water, I suggested that he might want to hold his nose. He declined. After we brought him up from the water he said, "I should have held my nose."

One young lady said she was scared because she couldn't swim. I assured her we wouldn't let her go and she was courageous enough to follow Christ in obedience in baptism. She didn't let her fear keep her from being obedient.

An older lady said she was nervous. She came out of the baptismal water with a huge smile on her face. I told her that I could see Jesus in her face. She said she could feel Him in her. It was awesome.

This is what being a pastor is all about---helping people come to Christ in humble obedience. I love our Community Baptism days.