The Use of Video in Our Worship Service

Our new church plant uses a lot of video during our Sunday morning worship worship service. When I say a lot, I'm talking about a minimum of six videos per Sunday. Since we have no musicians, we use four worship videos each Sunday for congregation to sing with. In addition, we show a missions video for a "missions moment" and we usually play an inspirational video during the offering. We find that our people really enjoy the videos and their hearts are touched each week.

"Where do I get my videos?" you ask. I search Youtube.com and Godtube.com for videos each week. When I find videos I want to use, I use Zamzar.com to download the videos to my computer. I store all of my videos on a 87Gb external hard drive which attaches to my computer via a USB port. I'm going to upgrade to a 2Tb external hard drive in the near future. Best Buy has them for $100.00. In addition, I create worship videos via Pinnacle Studio. My son, Rob, also creates videos using Adobe Premiere.

In the coming days, I will be posting some of the videos we have used in our worship services. If you have videos to share, please let me know. We're always on the lookout for new videos.

Are you using video in your worship service? If so, how?

Comments