The Sinner


"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you will be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

I stand a few feet from a mirror and see the face of a man who failed,...who failed his Maker. Again. I promised I wouldn't, but I did. I was quiet when I should have been bold. I took a seat when I should have taken a stand. If this was the first time, it would be different. But it isn't. How many times can one fall and expect to get caught? Your eyes look in the mirror and see a sinner, a failure, a promise-breaker. But by faith you look in the mirror and see a robed prodigal bearing the ring of grace on your finger and the kiss of your Father on your face. Your eyes see your faults. Your faith sees your Savior. Your eyes see your guilt. Your faith sees His blood. Max Lucado


Comments

charlie hughes said…
This short piece could be a source of encouragement and inspiration to many people we all know. God seems to come out in the minds and hearts of many people as fearsome rather than loveble. We fear what is evil. We love what is good. The command we have is to love. What do you think of God? Can God love you? May He?